Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Something Better

The Lord is into the details of our lives, He knows our hearts, He knows our desires, and He will always guide us as we follow Him. When Elder and Sister Camp called me to extend the call, these were the feeling and truths that swelled in my heart. There is no denying the Lord is in all things.

A couple of year ago, I was about to enter into my senior year in high school. I was an active member of our musical programs at school, and I was eagerly awaiting the next year’s performance. My drama teacher had told me that she had great plans for me in the musical and I was extremely excited.

It was then when I found out that my parents were called on a mission, and I was to go with them for my senior year. I was heartbroken, seeing that my opportunity to be in the musical was now gone. When I arrived in the new area where my parents were serving, I came in too late to be in the drama program there, and once again, I was devastated. I missed drama, but Heavenly Father, being the merciful Father in Heaven that He is, filled my life with other opportunities that helped me grow in a different way.

Fast forwarding four years, I then received the call to go to Nauvoo to serve as a stage performing missionary, and to be an ambassador for the Lord-- A gift and a blessing that my wildest dreams could not have thought up. It just goes to show me that the Lord knows me. He knew that a silly little girl would miss performing, and He knew what I needed and at what times. This experience has been a blessing for me to see that the Lord will never have you sacrifice something good unless he has something better planed for you! He is my Father, my King, and He loves and guides His children perfectly.

I feel that I could go on forever about how I was led to apply and how it was a miracle that I was even able to get an application video in, but the same message is intertwined within each event...The Lord’s hand is in all things. We are never alone, and as we turn to Him, He will guide us and enrich our lives eternally! The gospel of Jesus Christ is one of hope, light and eternal happiness! I cannot wait to serve my Master and Friend and be able to spread the truth and brightness of this message through performance! This is His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment