Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Angels Were With Me

As cliché as it may sound, it is very difficult for me to put into words my feelings about this mission. Eight years ago, my oldest sister, Dani, was called to this same mission. I didn't really understand what she was going to be doing all summer. That is, until I came to visit. Nauvoo truly is the City Beautiful. The spirits of the people there, both past and present, make it home. I knew from the day I left there that I would be back someday, no matter what it took.

This past year has been a blessing in disguise for me. It's been a chain of events including getting turned down for productions and opportunities that allowed me to join a choir where I would meet a very immensely influential person. One of my best friends now, Devin Davis, who was a YPM last year, helped me to get my audition tape in.

I knew it was a long shot and that there would be many applicants. That call back was shocking to me. It was at callbacks where I knew, not wanted, but knew that I needed to go on this mission.

I want to share a really dear moment that happened at the callback. I was really scared. I mean REALLY scared going into this. I didn't feel confident in picking up the violin again after all these years and I had barely learned to clog three days before this audition. I cannot deny the Spirit that lifted me in those moments. The only thing I could say to my parents when I got home was that I truly had angels in my fingers as I fiddled, and angels in my feet as I clogged.

I can't even comprehend myself what joy and light is waiting for me in Nauvoo.

And I can't express my eagerness and longing to be there now. My testimony will not waver. I have had too many witnessing moments. I love this Church. I love missionary work. I cannot wait to work with my brothers and sisters this summer in the beautiful city of Nauvoo for my Savior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment