Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 3, 2013

More Than Performing

Nauvoo has always had a special place in my heart. I’ve visited ever since I was young, and always knew it was sacred ground. The spirit is so strong, and the atmosphere is filled with the testimonies of saints that sacrificed so much for the church. I always knew I wanted to be a performing missionary in Nauvoo. My sisters did it, my friends did it, and every summer I longed to be on the stage with them. But little did I realize that it’s so much more than singing and dancing: you are being a musical instrument in the hands of the Lord, to bear your testimony of His gospel, and be a witness of His glorious work. I am so humbled to be able to perform for the Lord this summer, and bring joy to those who visit. I feel like I have been given my talents for this purpose- to serve. As soon as I accepted the calling to be a YPM I felt the Lord do His work in my life. Confusions I had about my future were cleared and sorted out, and I had so much joy and peace. It’s amazing what happens when you put your complete faith in the Savior… everything works! It’s hard and confusing at times, but when you know you’re doing exactly what the Lord wants you to do, it all comes together and makes sense. I am overjoyed, and cannot wait to serve with amazingly talented and spiritual folks this summer. I love Nauvoo, I love music, and I love the Lord and His gospel. Here’s to dancing with the mayflies!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you are doing this Sister Elbert! You are so talented and have such a wonderful testimony. I know that you will bless and be blessed this summer. Good luck! Love, Kim Smith

    ReplyDelete