Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Nineteen and Prepared

For the last few years I had a strong feeling that I should put in an application to be a Young Performing Missionary. I knew that I wanted to do it, performing is my greatest passion! Besides performing, missionary work is something I’ve always strived to do. I enjoy telling people about the gospel, or even just sharing with them my testimony. I think the strongest missionary experiences I have had were the ones where people noticed what I did not necessarily what I said. People remember actions, and how you made them feel; not always what you say. I always have wanted to serve a mission. When the October 2012 conference announced that 19 year old girls would be able to serve full time missions, my thoughts shifted. I thought, maybe I’ll just put in my papers and not even try out for Nauvoo. But, I had the strongest feeling (and longing) to put in my application still for Nauvoo. I would have never expected that the Lord would want me here at this time in my life-but he knows me and cares for me, and wants what is best for me. I feel extremely humbled by this experience and for receiving this blessing. The Lord knows how to humble us, and to take our lives to what they can become. I am so incredibly grateful, I could not ask for something any better. I am looking so forward to this summer, it’s hard to think about anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment