Search Our Stories:

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Gospel Is Simple

Wooh! Finally finding a moment to sit down and add some of my experience of beautiful Nauvoo here on the blog! Many people ask me if this mission is what I thought it would be. Whats different? Is it harder or easier than you expected? To be honest, this mission is completely different from what I thought it would be. I am very tired. Mostly from running around all day without much sleep but it's the most fascinating thing because every time I feel like I'm going to crash, a new fire is lit in me. The advesary is working like none other to bring down this work. Many have been sick and difficulties come up left and right. But I can honestly say I've never met a group of people that can handle a situation or forget themselves and go to work as quickly as my little YPM family can. I love these people.


Something that has struck me about the gospel lately that I absolutley love, is the purity and simplicity of it. This world is one of confusion, loudness, and chaos, especially right now. Yet as I go to the temple, or even sit outside and look at the beautiful sunset across the mississippi, I realize that everything is much more simple and precious than we realize sometimes. Because of this, I want to share my simple testimony. This gospel is so happy. It is a way for us to learn and grow in this life. A way for us to learn to love and work. And it is a way for us to be with our families in the eternities. My family is the single most precious thing to me, and the gift of being sealed to them forever is more than anything I could ever ask for. Christ came. He suffered and atoned for each of us. And He is risen again. He is coming again :) I cannot wait for the day I get to kneel at his feet. I love this gospel and bear my witness of it in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment