Search Our Stories:

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Love

On Monday we did the Trail of Hope in the evening, as usual, and I was a "company captain" (leading a group through the vignettes). I had quite a few children in my group and a few were rather rambunctious, so I invited one of the little girls who seemed quite disengaged to come stand by me. She soon grabbed my hand and held it most of the way down the trail, and she engaged a bit as well. It was a beautiful experience, and... oh, love is just a beautiful thing. Feeling it and giving it and receiving it and being surrounded by it. So much of life is occupied in the quest therefore. But as a dear friend mentioned in a recent email, when we open ourselves up to love a little more and trust a little more, we can accomplish great good. It's just hard not to get hurt in the process... What a balancing act this life is.


Love someone today -- maybe even someone that's hard to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment