Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tornadoes, Trails, and Testimony

HEY FAMILY!!!!!
Boy things are going great here! Another busy busy week has gone by and I can't believe how fast the time is flying! Can you believe that I'll have been here for an entire month on Friday!? EEEeeeee. Nauvoo is just so wonderful and I can't wait to have you come here and get a taste of the amazing spirit I feel every day. 
Alright... what's new with me... hmm... WELL... (MOM DON'T FREAK OUT :P) We had a tornado warning last week and were hurried out of our houses to the basement in the visitor's center. I was taking a nap in our house when we heard this scary alarm go off outside and we were woken up by the girls running around the house frantically shouting, "TORNADO WARNING! BE IN THE VAN NOW! WE NEED TO GO!" I have never experience a tornado warning but lemme tell you... as SOON as we stepped outside we were SOAKED and I was almost blown over by the furious winds. HOLY COW it was crazy. The sky was a scary green and we quickly ran into Sister Camps car and she was off. It was pretty scary... I didn't realize how scarred I was from the firestorm in 2003 until that night when we were sitting in the basement of the Visitor's center waiting for the storm to pass. On a lighter note, it did indeed pass and we're all fine! PHEWF!

We also started shows on Friday! It was such a blast oh my goodness. I met so many amazing people and we became close to many families. I LOVE KIDS! Holy cow... they basically attack you with hugs when you're Anna Amanda. They just love that show and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to perform in such a fun role. We have literally been going 12 + hours every day dancing our pants off and singing our lungs out. I would not be able to do this in any place other than Nauvoo. I haven't lost my voice once! It's amazing! Also, I strained a part of my hip and couldn't walk the rest of the day last week. Strains in my body usually take about 3-5 weeks to heal but after a blessing, icing lots, and being very cautious, I was able to be up and dancing normally within 4 days! Miracles have been happening everywhere here. It's truly amazing :) What was so cool about that experience was when I was still in a lot of pain I would go up on stage and dance carefully so that I wouldn't forget the choreography and I wouldn't feel the pain while I was on stage. Right when I exited the stage the pain returned. Coincidence? I think NOT! :)

My favorite part about this entire week was probably performing the Trail of Hope for the first time on Parley Street. We performed vignettes of original journal entries written by the Saints on the very road they left Nauvoo. The spirit here is so overwhelming... it is like nothing I have ever felt before. I cannot even explain it in words... but just imagine a time when you have felt the spirit strongly and multiply it by 50 haha. I'd say that's pretty accurate ;) While performing my vignette for Margaret Gay Judd Clawson it honestly felt nothing like acting. I originally had thought that this would be much like performing a monologue but it was nothing of the sort. I knew the words I was saying were not mine. Before we started I knelt and prayed that I would be able to remember the words and to portray the message the way Margaret wanted me to. Groups of people came station by station to hear our message and it was difficult to hold back tears. The words just... came. I didn't have to think about them in the slightest bit. I felt the strength, love, hope, and charity that Margaret must have felt for her family and Nauvoo. I felt a small portion of what the saints felt that night... it was amazing. When we went to stand by the edge of the Mississippi River where the families and their handcarts trudged through the bitter cold over the icy river we began to sing Come Come Ye Saints under the bright moon and stars. I could see them travelling with hope, not knowing where they were to go, but having faith in the journey. We bore our testimonies through honest words and were able to touch souls. Even if it was just one person, it still makes all the difference. We are here to plant seeds and I know that Trail of Hope is one of our most powerful spiritual tools because I have felt it soften and change my heart. I am so humbled by this experience and am so happy I get to do it every week for the whole summer!
We do many shows every day. There are no breaks and we don't technically have a P-day. I love it so much and I can't complain because of the pure happiness I have felt throughout this entire journey. Even when I am feeling sick, tired, sore, or like I can't go on any longer, the Lord steps in and carries me the rest of the way. He will make up the difference if we as Him in faith :)

I have never been so busy in all my life and I have never been so happy. This mission is turning me into the person I want to become. :) I am so excited for you to come!!! ahhh!!! I want to share the spirit of Nauvoo with everyone.

Anyways, I'd better wrap this up. I miss you all and hope all is well back home! Thank you for all you do and for all your love and support. I couldn't do this without your prayers. They really have helped me stay happy and alert through the touchest times. I am able to give 110% to every show here because of the Lord and your prayers :) So thank you! I cannot say that enough.

There is so much more I could say... I just want you to know I love you and I love this Gospel. Miracles are happening every day here and I look forward to sharing all of the many details with you. *cough* MOM *cough*. ;) 

Until we meet again!
Sister Spittle

No comments:

Post a Comment