Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1st Week of Miracles

This week has been so wonderful! I am being constantly reminded that the Lord showers tender mercies among us. We have truly been blessed. I am 100% sure that the Nauvoo Performing mission is the only place in the whole entire world that you could get 20 actors and actresses to learn, rehearse, polish, and open 5 full fledged musicals and vignettes, in such a short time. I am constantly in awe of the help that we receive on a daily basis from ones who are beyond the veil. I had the opportunity this past week to go to the Family History Center here in Navuoo and more particular, I have been thinking a lot about my Grandpa Davis and my Great Grandpa Terry. I had a very special experience on the trail of hope on Friday where I was almost sure that I felt them there with me testifying of those who have gone on before. Miracles happen in this sacred city. I have a very strong testimony of that. These next couple months will be ones of great peace as we full-heatedly jump into charity and humility.

I have to share this funny story: One of the vignettes that we do is called, Youth of Zion. In one part of it, I am supposed to hurtle a half fence that is actually not really a fence, but more of a wooden road block so cars don't park there. Anyway, as I was about to hurtle this fence for our vignette, I started to  jump and then somehow my foot got caught wrong and I totally fell flat on my back in the middle of a performance. Pretty humiliating. But, we all had a good laugh. I threw in a couple of good improv lines and it went over fine. Haha. 

I close with a Gaelic blessing: 
May those that love us, love us. 
And those that don't love us, may God turn their hearts.
And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles.
So we will know them, by their limping.    

No comments:

Post a Comment