Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Nauvoo Miracle

This week in Nauvoo I have seen and felt the angels. I say these things with a surety in my heart that I know they are true. I have been very ill with bronchitis that has disabled me from singing or talking very much and my head has been so congested that my hearing has been diluted. As I was singing as Eliza R. Snow this week in Trail of Hope, I could feel the strength of the Lord helping me to get through each song without coughing. As I was singing to a particular group of youth, my voice stopped working. I knew immediately that I had to stop or else I would suffocate in a heap of coughing. In that split second I pleaded to the Lord to strengthen me, and specifically for the strength of Eliza R. Snow to be with me so I could finish singing. Miraculously I continued singing with no interruption. And then I heard something in my right ear. It sounded like the buzz of a bug, and I thought it was my ears playing funny tricks on me because of my congestion. But I paid attention and I could hear a voice, singing a beautiful harmony along side me. My voice became stronger and clearer than it had ever been before. I know it was Eliza R. Snow singing beside me. I heard the angels again as we sang the finale in our show "High Hopes and Riverboats". When we all join in together and sing 'All is well, all is well.' I could hear a faint chorus singing alongside us, and I could feel the presence of the saints. I heard it again the next day as we sang Invocation on the balcony. I know that we are here to do a marvelous work, and that the Lord sends his angels, the saints, to aid us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment