Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Full Moons

What a wonderful week! This week we opened up all of our shows. It has been many miracles put together to make it all work. I know that there have been angels on both sides of the veil helping us to put it all together.

I wanted to share a really wonderful experience that Sister Smith and I actually had while we were on the Trail of Hope. for those who have never been to Nauvoo or don't know what the Trail of Hope is, it is the street that the saints who left Nauvoo in 1846, traveled on one last time before they made their exodus across the west. We as Young Performing Missionaries represent those who walked that street and recite journal entries. Sister Smith was playing Elisa R. Snow and I was actually playing the Violin for her. She sang the song that she wrote; Though Deepening Trails (pg 122) when we got to the trail that night, the stage for us to perform on was literally perfection. the temperature was cool, the humidity was rather low, there was a slight breeze, and the moon was perfection. It was perfectly full and I felt like God himself lassoed it down to be a little closer.

In the midst of that Sister Smith was having an allergy attack. She could not stop sneezing. So, After saying a prayer, and relying on the lord, a group came down the trail. I actually recall having 9 groups come that night. Sister Smith didn't sneeze one time the whole entire performance. Then, was the realization moment of the miracle. Not 15 seconds had passed by after the last group when she sneezed again. We looked at each other in realization of the small but powerful miracle and testimony which had taken place.

Inline image 2Inline image 1


There will be many, many miracles throughout this summer as guests start arriving to Nauvoo. I am excited to share my testimony with them of the spirit that here is ever so present. I know that God lives and that he loves us. I know that he will continue to bless us as we give him our all.

Oh... Another real fast story. Last night we performed sunset by the Mississippi on the outdoor stage in 60 degree weather. While I was grateful for the coolness, but those of you who play instruments will understand that it is difficult to play in the cold. And for me, it was hard to play Devil went down to Georgia on the violin. My fingers would NOT warm up and I was struggling to play at the tempo that I needed to to give a good performance. I know that angels were present as my fingers slid across the fingerboard. When I finished I never had felt better about a performance.

The Lord is doing his work, piece by piece. Nauvoo is a testimony of that to me and to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment