Search Our Stories:

Monday, July 22, 2013

Yay for Nauvoo!

I want to share something I have written down in my journal. Sadly, I didn't think of it, and unfortunately I can't remember where I heard it... or who said it.... But it goes like this:
     "If it weren't for God, we wouldn't be here. If it weren't for Jesus Christ, it wouldn't matter. If it weren't for Joseph Smith, we wouldn't know."
Cool, right? And so true! With God, we have a purpose, to learn and become more like Him and to one day live with Him. Because Christ atoned for our sins, we can repent and continue to move towards that goal. Because of Joseph Smith, we have the restored gospel and all of the blessings that go with it, including the knowledge of the plan of salvation and that families can be together forever. What a glorious plan our Father has made for us! I'm so grateful that I was raised in the gospel so I could know it, live it, love it, and share it! Hurrah for Israel and yay for Nauvoo! I feel like I learn so much about the gospel and my Savior as I learn about the Saints and Brother Joseph... I tell their stories, I walk where they walked... and they walked with the Savior. It all fits together, hand in hand. There are no such things as coincidences. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment