Search Our Stories:

Monday, July 22, 2013

The Ballroom

Inline image 1On the third floor of the Cultural Hall is the original ballroom floor from the 1840's. It is one of my most favorite places here in Nauvoo. The spirit that I feel in that room alone compares to the Temple. The acoustics in that room is impeccable. Some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard was in that ballroom.  This last week some of my friends from home were able to be here in Nauvoo. One of my dear friends is obsessed with acoustics and the concept of sound. The Young Performing Missionaries went up to the ballroom with our guests and sang together "Invocation". The spirit that swept over that room was indescribable. "there shall he be in the midst of them that love him". As we were in a circle of missionaries and close friends, I felt the spirit bear witness to me of the love that God has for all of his children. As we sang in perfect harmony, I had chills run over my body and a very warm feeling of light entered the room.  As Missionaries we have the unique opportunity to bear testimony of that Love through music. I will never forget that experience of pure testimony and love as music pulsated through my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment