Search Our Stories:

Monday, July 22, 2013

An Invitation To The Truth

Things just keep going like they always do here in Nauvoo, the Young Performing missionaries perform morning til night and love every minute of it.  I actually had a really neat experience when I was in town on Thursday.  My companion wanted to try shopping at a different store than we normally do so we went there and while we were there started talking to a man working in the produce section and had a great conversation about truth and he said something really profound about how each person in the world deserves the chance to first hear truth and then decide for themselves if they will accept it or not.  That is an amazing thing to hear from someone when you are a missionary because its a great segue into a gospel conversation.  We took the chance and I actually ended up being able to give the man a book of Mormon and we got his contact information to give to the missionaries in Keokuk so they can teach him.  It was an amazing testimony of how the Lord puts us into people's paths to share the gospel with them and extend an invitation to the truth.  I've had so many similar experiences with the Lord either placing me or placing others so we cross paths this summer and it has been such a blessing to be able to talk and I know I have grown and been uplifted so many times just when I need it according to the Lord's perfect timing and His tender mercies.  Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me!

Well we're sadly winding down on our time here we've only got 3 weeks left before we have finished our calls and have to say good-bye to the city of Joseph, but its been an amazing summer and I'm sure there is still much good left to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment