Search Our Stories:

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Not Even a Cough

On Friday night there were approximately 400 people lined up to come through the Trail of Hope. It had been a very long day of performances and my voice was giving out from the bronchitis. I was terrified because it was the night I needed to sing a hymn as Elisa Leavitt. I said a prayer with Sister Porter who was playing my mother that night, Sarah Leavitt. As we knelt in prayer and asked for the help from the Lord that I needed pretty badly that night especially... we felt peace and knew that it would be alright. I was having a cough attack, my ears and eyes were itching from allergies, and I was sneezing like a banchee. However, each time a group would come through I would clear my throat to sing and the hoarseness of my voice would disappear and just when I thought I needed to cough or sneeze, I wouldn't. Gosh... it was a miracle. Truly! Immediately after we would finish singing and the group would move along to the next vignette I would have another cough attack and blow my lungs out haha. What a tender mercy from the Lord. The enabling power of the Atonement is truly amazing... I cannot thank my Lord and Savior enough for allowing me to bear my testimony that night without sickness affecting my message. This work is much too important... the messages of the Saints touch people's souls in a very special way here. Sickness or no sickness, the Lord will always find a way to spread his love and Gospel. It's amazing to see how much the work is growing today in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment