Search Our Stories:

Friday, June 21, 2013

Happiness is a Choice!

This last week I had a great experience on the trail of hope. It was starting to rain and I was supposed to be playing my violin for Eliza R. Snow. I was nervous that it would be so bad I couldn't play. (recap - the Trail of hope is performed outside) And that made me sad because I knew that there was someone on the Trail who NEEDED that experience. So I prayed so hard with 100% faith that if I took out my violin it would not get wet. So. I did, and even though my body was getting wet. Not a bit of rain got on my violin. It was as if Angels were holding umbrellas over my head.  It was a miracle and testimony to me of how much these performances that we are doing are really touching those who see them.

This week we also ended up putting the "cheerleader" audition (Egg skit) together. It is so so so funny! Loved it so much! The crowd went nuts. It was great! I am so blessed just for being here in this city. The spirit is so strong and I know that my ancestors are here helping me be a light to those who come here for a testimony strengthening. 

Earlier this week I had an opportunity to walk out into the middle of the wheat field that is on parley st. I went out into the middle where I could see the temple radiating up on the bluff. I know that this is holy ground that we live on. the sacrifices that were made here made it so. My testimony is strengthened every day just by knowing that I have the choice to be happy and to be a positive influence for the other people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment