Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Off to Nauvoo I go...

My heart is full. I am so full of emotions my heart could possibly explode.  I have been blessed with such a wonderful and unique opportunity to serve in Nauvoo Illinois this summer.  I am happy, nervous, excited, and also a bit torn to be leaving all of my family and loved ones.  I can't believe it is actually FINALLY happening for me.  I have waited for almost a year and a half for this moment.  Receiving this call last year and then having it taken away from me for medical reasons was so disheartening and difficult.  But now, it is here.  When I was set apart tonight, my bishop reassured me in the blessing that I would come to a clear understanding as to why I was called to be out in Nauvoo this summer and not last.  I know the Lord has a plan and I know that He knows each of us individually.  His role in our lives is so monumental and influential, if we will only look to Him for guidance and love.  I know each one of the YPM's will come to know and love each other.  We will gain a bond that will never be broken. I am so excited to have this experience with them and to gain a further knowledge of the truthfulness of this gospel together, and of the power of Nauvoo.  So much is in store for me, and for all of us.  I cannot wait to grow, and strengthen my testimony, and change.  God has a plan, and right now for me, my plan is Nauvoo.

This church is SO true!

Let the adventures begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment