Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Forget Yourself and Go To Work


Time just keeps on flying by here in the Beautiful Nauvoo!

We've learned all of our choreography, all our blocking and lines, and all our music for our five shows, with the exception of our Trail of Hope vignettes which we'll finish up tonight.  I'm constantly amazed by all the blessings we receive.  This past week I was having difficulty with a few of the parts that I just hadn't quite gotten right off and took some more work than the rest and it was kind of frustrating me but the Lord won't let anything keep us down here because every time I started to feel down I would pray and something would happen or one of the other YPMs would share a story or say just the right thing to pick me up again.  As for the difficult spots I fasted yesterday morning, which was really hard especially because we were dancing and so I felt really tired, but somehow (you can probably guess how) I was able to pull up the energy to make it through and after I closed my fast and had dinner, I came back and nailed all the parts that had been problems for me.  It was my own little Nauvoo miracle.  I came out of that rehearsal with so much joy in my heart knowing that my prayers had been answered and with a stronger testimony of fasting even when its difficult and would be easier to just grab a snack to satiate my stomach and muscles.  I couldn't stop smiling as we sang invocation and had family prayer.

The people I serve with here are truely phenominal people and they all inspire me and teach me so much about how I can be better in lots of ways.  I'm so grateful for the blessings that come from being around people so spiritually in tune.  One of the times I was upset with myself and really getting down this week I was sitting on the couch at our house and Elder Anderson came in and asked if I could come with him for a second.  I walked into their room and there was a chair in the middle of the room and I was so touched because I thought he was going to offer me a blessing, instead he did something that humbled me even more and really brought the spirit into my heart.  He asked if I would give him a blessing.  This reminded me that the work I'm doing out here isn't about me or my struggles, its about working together and doing all we can to help each other forgetting ourselves.

Miracles and angels are all around.  I love it here so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment