Search Our Stories:

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Finally Home

I am sure most people have experienced going on an extended vacation or a long family trip and walking in the front door of your house when you get back. It just feels good to be home. I had a very similar experience coming back to Nauvoo. IT just feels like home. The spirit that surrounds and abides in this wonderful city is that feeling of peace and that feeling of home. I love Nauvoo. 

The temperature in regards to the weather has been extremely wonderful. It is cool. Elder Striplin (from Australia) thinks that is too cold. But I keep on telling him that he needs to remember this coolness so when it is 115 degrees with the heat index, he can remember the "cold" and feel better about the sweat dripping off his face :P

I am so excited to serve with such wonderful people who are willing to consecrate this time in their lives to serve our Heavenly Father. I know that the angels will attend us as we continue to seek the Hand of the Lord in ALL we do. 

Things I love About Nauvoo: Wilmore formation, Elder Davies Choreography, Mississippi mud in 50 degree weather, hand hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment